I had a great workout yesterday. I did one of my walk/run days in my new half marathon training plan and when I got home, I was famished! After a great workout like that, I wanted to eat something healthy.
While on the treadmill, I was reading a magazine which had this shake recipe that I had to try out. There were no real measurements so I pretty much eyeballed everything and added my own touches.
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla
- 1 tbs ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup of 2% milk
- 1/2 banana
Throw them all in a blender and blend!! Yum!!
Some substitutions to consider:
- Almond butter for peanut butter
- Chocolate whey protein powder for vanilla (for something a little more chocolate-y)
- Non-fat milk for 2% milk for a “skinnier” shake
I’m ready for another one!
PS – great giveaway over at Endurance Isn’t Only Physical blog … Bridgedale running socks! Contest runs until 11:59PM 3/9.